Heather Norris CD(DONA) GBCE
As a certified and experienced birth doula and childbirth educator, I know that every birth is different. You probably have a sense for what kind of birth you desire already. I’m here to help coach and guide you to informed decisions that support your vision.
I believe that birth can be an amazing, life-changing experience for you, your partner and your baby. I’ve worked with parents during natural births, inductions, as well as higher-risk situations like breech, VBAC’s and cesarean births. I work in homes, birthing centers and hospitals. I’m there to support your values in the setting that you choose.
Through my journey of having two children I recognized the need for women to have more support during labor and to feel confident with their body in birth.
I believe that our bodies know how to birth if given the right support. Historically, birth was an intuitive act. A “village” of women came to a birth…grandmothers, mothers, sisters, aunts, and friends would surround a mother with comfort and knowledge.
Western medicine has made birth safer in many ways for mothers and babies. But I believe that we could benefit from the intuitive approach of times past; tapping into the power of the mind. I can be the doula that helps you bridge the benefits of modern medicine and the intuitive power of your own body.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA): May 1998, Boise State University
- Birth Doula Certification completed: May 2014; Recertification: May 2017
- Heartsaver CPR Certification: May 2015
- GentleBirth Instructor Certification: February 2017
- Basic Life Support Provider Certification: July 2019
- GentleBirth Childbirth Education Training: December 2016, Tracy Donegan
- Spinning Babies Training: October 2016, Lorenza Holt
- Intuitive Birth Teacher Training: April 2016, Holly Lammer
- Lamaze Childbirth Education Training: August 2015, Terri Shilling
- Breastfeeding for Professionals: February 2014, Lynelle King
- DONA Birth Doula Training: April 2013, Kyndal May
- TVD Conference Boise ID: October 2016
- DONA Conference Seattle WA: July 2016
- DONA Virtual Conference: September 2015
- Treasure Valley Doulas Conference: April 2014
Mind Centered Birth serves clients at all Treasure Valley hospitals, birth centers and home births with independent midwives:
St. Lukes–Boise, Meridian and Nampa.
St. Alphonsus–Boise and Nampa
Boise River and Birth Center
Mercy In Action Birth Center
Treasure Valley Midwives